Thursday, November 15, 2012

Spontaneity



I remember having a conversation with my high school boyfriend many years ago about spontaneity.  I said something about how I loved to be spontaneous and he quickly brought me to reality.  I was a planner.  Everything I did was on a minute to minute plan as far in advance as possible.  That always stuck with me.  I knew in the moment it was true and really didn't want it to be.  So when he dumped me, I did the most spontaneous thing I'd ever done.  I got in the car and started driving with no idea where I was going or how long I'd be gone.  Five states and six days later, I had found a love for Elvis Presley and an apartment in a different state.  A week after that, I moved from Illinois to Indiana.  How's that for spontaneous!?

Yesterday, an industry friend of mine and I ran into each other at a networking event.  In the first five minutes of talking, she found a way to tell me she had found super cheap flights to Puerto Rico over the Thanksgiving holiday next week, but didn't have anyone to go with and casually (probably jokingly) asked if I wanted to go.  I considered it for a few seconds, asked a couple of questions and told her to shoot me an email with a few details and to not count me out.

This morning, we emailed back and forth a bit and by noon, I was 100% in!  We haven't confirmed any plans or a location to stay, but if it works out and all comes together, I'm sure it will be incredible!  Not to mention an opportunity to cross three items off my bucket list!

Fingers crossed!

**Follow up note - The trip didn't come together.  It was a heck of a cool idea though!

No comments:

Post a Comment