Sunday, November 25, 2012

What Will Today Hold?

I have another blog that I write in just for myself, but I pulled this post from a couple of months ago out of it and wanted to share it with you tonight.  Enjoy!


As I am writing this, it is still early in the day, but I wanted to open up a new post.  There's really nothing to report yet, but a question just popped into my head... "What will today hold?"

Kind of an interesting thought really.  Thinking about my blog and what there will be to say about today I realize I have a lot of power.  I have been given a whole day.  How will I use this day?  What will I do?  What decisions will I make?  What people will I see?  Will something remarkable happen?  These are all decisions I can begin making right now!  It's about more than just what plans I have on my calendar.  It's about every little moment.

At this moment, the things I know today holds are going to the grocery store and making chili for a friend tonight.  He's let me use his truck multiple times for my project and even picked up a special order at Menards for me, so he requested that I make chili and mac & cheese as a way to return the favor.


Later in the Afternoon...
Something wonderful did happen today.  I wore my US Navy sweatshirt to work today.  The yellow one that my cousin got for me that I love so much.  On my lunch break I was in WalMart and an old man approached me and asked if I was in the Navy. I told him, "No, but I've got a cousin who is." He then proceeded to tell me he was a retired Marine Corps Colonel. We talked a short time and I told him about my grampa who was a Sergeant in the Marines and my father who was in the Navy as well. By the time we were done talking, I had to quickly walk away because I was so proud of my family and their service and so thankful for all who serve that I was in tears.  He left me with a, "Semper Fi".  I'm still tearing up thinking about it now.  I was absolutely overflowing with love and thankfulness.  

One simple decision I made today lead to this blessed moment.  I chose to dress way down and wear a Navy hoodie.  I was thinking about my cousin when I put it on and was so proud to wear it today.  All because of that one little decision I met this man and my world was brightened.   


No comments:

Post a Comment