Saturday, January 5, 2013

Confession



I'm a little under the weather tonight.  In an effort to relieve some congestion I broke out the Vicks VapoRub.  It took me back to when I was a kid and what my mom would do when I got sick.  There was this thing called a vaporizer (I''m sure they still make them) and it looked like a little UFO that emitted steam and and Vicks.

Now I have something to confess.  One day, when I was probably 5 or younger, I figured out that if I held a crayon over the steam it would melt the crayon and the colorful wax would drip all over the place.  I don't know how many nights I crawled out of bed and played with that thing.  Many a crayola met its demise late at night in my little room.

I'm pretty sure I tried to keep everything cleaned up so I wouldn't get caught.  And I don't remember ever getting caught either.  If I ever did leave a huge mess, I'm sorry, mom.  ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment